Not really, I mowed the yard today. With a push mower. And we have a big yard. And I go back over if I see a blade of grass I missed.
So after 4 hours of push mowing the grass, I was tired.
The family was lucky I didn’t put peanut butter and jelly on the table with a loaf of bread.
We did breakfast for dinner.
Eggs, Bacon, Hash browns and Biscuits. Really good biscuits. These biscuits. You can’t tell from the picture but there is 3 coats of butter brushed on these biscuits.
This recipe is part of an old church cookbook I have, Feeding the Flock.
7-up Soda Biscuits
- 2 cups biscuit mix or Bisquick
- 3 oz Sprite, 7-Up or any lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- Mix together biscuit mix, soda and sour cream with a fork. Shape dough into a ball and on a floured surface knead dough 10 times. (If dough is sticky add a bit more biscuit mix.) Roll dough out and cut into biscuits.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Baste raw biscuits with butter. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, basting a second time around 7 minutes. After removing from oven, baste one last time with your butter.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
These biscuits are wonderful, full of flavor and don’t need anything added but they were out of this world with a piece of bacon in the middle, yum.
Want some more easy recipes?
Post script: Joan passed away in her sleep on October 22, 2015. She went to bed feeling nauseous (which is one of the signs of heart attacks in women) and never woke up. Please learn the signs of heart attack in women (they are different than for men) and if you have high blood pressure or family history of heart disease, don’t brush off nausea as just the flu. Joan made it very clear that she wanted her work to continue in the event of her death so her family is working to keep Joan’s dream alive. In the days following her death, Joan’s fellow bloggers started a twitter campaign #ChocolateForJoan and #chocolateeverydamnday. We hope you’ll join us in honoring Joan’s memory by having chocolate every day.