Quick and Easy Cinnamon Buns with Cream Cheese Icing makes these the perfect fast breakfast treat!
So school is basically out. Just a few days left then it’s the lazy days of summer. I know how the first week will go.
The girls up by 8am, both are morning people. They’ll be looking for projects to do, wanting to be entertained. I’ve got a few things lined up (thank you Pinterest!) As for the boy, If I let him, he’ll be up until 4 am on the X-box and sleeping until 2 in the afternoon. I’ll let him get away with it for a few days. But only a few.
Then it’s time to get real. No sleeping the summer away. It’ll be a fight to get him out of bed. Making delicious rolls will help ease the pain.
These rolls are a snap to make. Just crack open the crescent rolls and in just a few minutes they’re in the oven.
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Buns with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (generic works too)
- 1-2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll crescent dough on cutting board. with fingers, pinch together pre cut seams.
- Blend together brown sugar, cinnamon and flour, set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter over entire surface of crescent dough. Evenly sprinkle sugar mixture over dough, then chopped pecans.
- Tightly roll dough from short end, jelly roll style.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into five 1 1/2 inch thick rolls.
- Place rolls on lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 14-17 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and spread cream cheese icing over top. Serve warm.
- While rolls are baking, make icing. Place cream cheese in a microwave proof dish. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir, you want the cream cheese to just begin to melt. Heat for additional time if needed. Whisk in powdered sugar till smooth and creamy.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
Braided Raspberry Cheese Danish
Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Leave a Reply