Craving chocolate chip cookies? Try these soft and chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! They come together in less than 30 minutes which is great because they will disappear just as quickly!
Everyone has a favorite, go-to hand-me-down recipe card for chocolate chip cookies. I feel this classic cookie is the grandfather of all cookies and we should all make some quite often, but then, there are times I just want to break away from the classics.
Forget the past, embrace the future, right?
These peanut butter chocolate cookies should be part of your future. Tomorrow, day after tomorrow, next week, next month, time after time! My kids devour these and yours will too!
Now, I’m not saying these cookies are going to replace your chocolate chip cookie recipe, but there are pretty close!
First -they have double the chocolate!
Second – we’re talking cookies – everyone loves cookies!
Third – peanut butter and chocolate pair so well together!
Fourth – there’s no need to chill the cookie dough! That means you can bite into one of these cookies in just about 25 minutes!
Fifth (just in case if you need another reason) – these cookies stay soft for up to a week. (if they last that long, that is!)
- 1 1/4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut putter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bow, add the butter and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Slowly add the flour combined with the cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.Remove the cookies from the oven. Let cool slightly on the baking pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything cookbook