Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes-the perfect way to start off any day!
Reading is so important for kids. I’m blessed that 2 of my 3 kids, love to read. In Elementary and Middle school, both CJ and Cassie would complete for top reading points every year. Grace is not my reader. I have to nag her to do her reading homework and reading for pleasure is not pleasurable to her.
While shopping the other day, we came across a children’s cookbook. “Mama can we get this? You want me to read, I’ll read the recipes and then make them.” How can I argue with that. She also gets a little math in while we’re cooking since we almost always either double or triple our recipes.
Then she goes one further “Mama, I’ll write up the recipe for your blog.” Writing skills are useful too.
My name is Grace Hayes, I’m Joan’s daughter and I made Light as a Feather Pancakes for dinner.
They really were light as a feather. They were really good. I love to cook and bake.
from Better Homes and Gardens
New Junior Cookbook
Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir with fork or whisk and set aside. Place the buttermilk into a second bowl and then add the eggs in. Beat with whisk or fork until all the eggs are mixed in with the buttermilk. Add in oil and beat again. Add wet to dry ingredients mix it all together. Its OK to have lumps.
- Grease the griddle with shortening and then turn on the griddle then turned heat to medium and let it get hot. Scoop some batter onto the griddle and then let them cook for about two minutes.
- Then flip them. Then wait about one minute and then take them off. Then you do that until there is none left. Serve with butter, syrup and fresh raspberries.
recipe source Chocolatechocolateandmore.com
Didn’t she do great? Want to see other recipes Grace has helped make and are fun for kids in the kitchen?
Cinnamon Swirl Bread and these
Leave a Reply