Chocolate Chip Pancakes-just a few simple ingredients makes for a delicious breakfast treat!
This is a true story. We were all set to have leftovers for dinner. We’d had Tacos and a Pot roast and had plenty to make a meal for the night. I was all set for an easy dinner. 4:45 pm, older daughter, Cassie, calls “mom, can Lizzie and Maddie sleep over?” It was the last night of Christmas break. How could I say no. The leftovers could wait. I’d order pizza. Still an easy night for me.
I pick them all up from the park, where’ they’d been hanging out. As we’re driving back, discussion ensues about dinner. Dang it, one of them doesn’t like pizza. Ok, let’s do hot dogs. The other one doesn’t like hot dogs. I am not in the mood to make a big dinner (and I haven’t taken anything out of the freezer.)
Ok, lets do breakfast for dinner. I just know if I do some sort of eggs, someone is going to be unhappy. Plus, eggs require a side of meat. Bacon or sausage. And home fries. We’re getting back into the more work for mom.
No, this needs to be kept simple. And easy. And feed a crowd. We’re talking a total of 5 hungry teens.
Pancakes. I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like pancakes.
And since I have to make sure to keep my status as “cool mom” I have to add mini chocolate chips.
The girls all sat around as I made them. It only took 2 minutes to whip up the batter. You would have thought I was making Baked Alaska with a blowtorch, the girls were amazed as I sprinkled the chocolate chips over the grilling pancakes. And they are mini so it’s really not that much, but you get little bursts of chocolate in every bite.
Three batches of pancakes later, everyone was happy.
These also freeze well so make extra, then you can just heat them up for a fast weekday breakfast!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+
Pinterest | instagram
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup White Lily All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl (I use a large measuring cup) In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter and vanilla,
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture making sure no lumps remain. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat electric griddle or frying pan to 300 degrees. (medium heat) Brush griddle with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Repeat as space allows to create pancakes. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of mini chocolate chips over each pancake. Once large bubbles form, about 2 minutes, flip pancakes over with a spatula and cook on other side for about 1 minute, until golden.
- Serve with butter, syrup or powdered sugar.
I’m an ambassador for White Lily Flour and was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. I wouldn’t share this with you if I didn’t really love it.
Leave a Reply