Lemon Strawberry Loaf Cake-tangy and sweet combine to create a delightfully refreshing cake!
It’s almost strawberry season here. I can’t wait till I can go to our favorite U-pick farm and go up and down the lanes. Picking only the best, most gorgeous, juicy strawberries. There is nothing better than a strawberry just a few hours out of the field. My youngest loves to go with me and always samples a few while picking. Just for quality assurance purposes.
My son will be working at the Lane’s for the summer. They told us today possibly the first week of April the strawberries will be ready! Then the peaches will come in, then in the fall, the pecans. It’s going to be a great summer!
In the meantime, it’s already strawberry season in Florida. Our stores have been having fabulous sales on them the past 2 weeks. I just can’t resist.
Strawberries and Lemon pair so well together, I just had to make up a quick pound cake. This cake is delicious without the glaze but given the option, I always like a good glaze on cake.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream butter and sugar together. add in eggs one at a time, making sure to scrap down sides of bowl. Add in vanilla.
- Combine buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- add flour mixture and buttermilk mixtures to batter, alternating the two until combined.
- Shake diced strawberries with 2 tablespoons flour in a plastic bag until well coated. Fold strawberries into batter.
- Spoon batter into a well greased and floured loaf baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan for 20 minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare your glaze. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, you want it on the thick side. Add more lemon juice if needed. Spread over top of cooled cake.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
want more strawberry treats?