Here is a quick and easy recipe that everyone will love. These Gooey Cream Cheese Bars are so rich and sweet that everyone will want more.
I first learned how to make these when I was a teenager. My cousin was older and I would go over to her apartment and we would make gooey cream cheese bars all of the time.
There was one night that we made these before we sat up all night watching a meteor shower. I think we finished the whole pan that night.
I didn’t want anything to eat the next day but I sure did enjoy it.
I texted her the other day to get the recipe for gooey cream cheese bars and she had to find it because we used the recipe so much that her book had fallen apart. She had forgotten about them over the years and wanted to make them for her kids too.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and butter and mix well.
- Press cake mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix confectioner's sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g