Easy Whipped Dark Chocolate Mousse – just 3 ingredients to create this delicate dessert. The secret is using good dark chocolate! GREEN & BLACK’S ORGANIC 70% Dark Chocolate makes this dessert decadent! You’ll want to save room for dessert with this Whipped Chocolate Mousse on the menu! As the holidays approach, it’s a time for parties, family dinners; food is everywhere. By the time dessert comes around, everyone is holding their bellies and the phrase, “I’m stuffed” is echoed up and down the table. No one wants a heavy dessert like pie or cake. This Dark Chocolate Mousse is the answer. It’s made with good chocolate and good cream. Rich in flavor thanks to GREEN & BLACK’S ORGANIC 70% Dark Chocolate. Green & Black’s Chocolate is both organic and fair trade certified. You could use any of the flavors for this mousse. Starting with the best ingredients always produces the best results. Just create a simple ganache. The secret is letting the chocolate seep in the hot cream for a few minutes before stirring. The heat gently breaks down the chocolate creating a smooth, creamy sauce. Then take on the cream. I use my hand mixer and beat on a low speed, constantly moving around the bowl, to ensure even whipping. Be careful not to overbeat or you end up with butter. When you get to the firm ripple stage is when you want to stop. Then it’s time for some magic. Add the cooled ganache to your whipped cream and gently fold it in. Just look at that gorgeousness! This mousse makes a great make-ahead dessert. Make sure to garnish with a square of GREEN & BLACK’S ORGANIC Chocolate, the swirl will let your guest know this dessert is worth it!
Be sure to check out below the recipe for details on winning your own Green & Black Organic prize pack.Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 Green & Black Dark Chocolate, 70% cacao, bars (3.5 ounce size)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Reserving 9 squares, break Green & Black Dark Chocolate bars into squares, place in a medium bowl.
- Heat 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream to almost boiling, either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Create a ganache-Pour heated cream over chocolate and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Once time has elapsed, gently stir chocolate until chocolate is completely melted, cream is combined and chocolate is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Place 2 1/4 cups cold whipping cream in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix on medium-low speed until soft peaks start to form. Turn mixer to low and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove one cup of prepared whipped cream to another small bowl to reserve as garnish. Refrigerate.
- Take one cup of prepared whipped cream and fold into chocolate ganache. Once cream is fully incorporated into ganache, add ganache to remaining whipped cream in large bowl and gently fold until completely incorporated and smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (or more) until ready to serve.
- To serve, place prepared chocolate mouse in bottom of serving dish, top with a healthy teaspoon of whipped cream then add one Green & Black Dark Chocolate square on top.
I love all the flavors but I’m partial to the Dark Chocolate, what’s your favorite Chocolate? Dark, Milk, White? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 cash equivalent gift card plus a GREEN & BLACK’S ORGANIC Chocolate prize pack!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This sweepstakes is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/16/2015 – 12/19/2015.