Cream Cheese Frosted Sugar Cookies–these are the best twist on the classic sugar cookie. With a crispy outside, chewy inside, and a thick and delicious frosting, these are the perfect addition to any holiday, event, or any last-minute plans!
These cookies only take a whole of 25 minutes and that includes preparing, baking, cooling, and frosting. This recipe is so simple and quick and they even. crackle a bit when baking, so they’re even pretty without the icing.
Cream Cheese Frosted Sugar Cookies
So the first thing you’re going to want to do is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Get out your cookie sheet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
The next thing you’re going to want to do is to take out 2 sticks of butter and let them soften.
Next, gather all your dry ingredients, including flour, baking soda and powder, and salt, and mix them together.
Once your butter is softened, cream it together with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Then add in your egg and vanilla extract and combine.
Slowly begin to add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until it the dough forms a ball. The dough should be thick and not sticky.
Now you’re going to form them in 24 large balls. It’ll be about 1 1/2-2 tbsp of dough per ball, but they don’t have to be perfect, but try your best to make them even.
Once you have them portioned into balls, place them on your cookie sheet and press them slightly down with the palm of your hand, but don’t completely flatten them out.
Place them into the oven and let them bake for about 9-10 minutes. Let them cool for 4-5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer them onto a cooling rack.
The frosting is just a basic recipe for cream cheese frosting.
You’ll need 1 stick of softened butter and a block of cream cheese softened. You’ll beat them with either a stand mixer or a handheld mixer until smooth.
Slowly add in the powdered sugar until thick and creamy (and you can add up to 1/2 cup more if you want it thicker). To frost the cookies, you can spread it on like butter on toast, or you can pipe it on.
Cream Cheese Frosted Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. block softened cream cheese
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray your cookie sheet lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- For the cookies, whick your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. In your mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars until completely combined, then add in your egg and vanilla. Slowly add in your dry ingredients until you have a thick dough.
- Take about 1 1/2 tbsp of the cookie dough and roll into a boll and place on the cookie sheet. Softly press the palm of your hand on each ball of dough to flatten it a little bit. Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Once done, let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, cream the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and beat on low for a few seconds then switch to high and beat for 2 minutes.
- To frost the cookies, you and either pipe them onto the cookies or spread them on to the cookies with a spatula or knife.
Leave a Reply