These soft and chewy Sprinkle Sugar Cookies are simple to make and always a hit. A good sugar cookie is hard to come by, but these are here to stay.
Hey y’all, it’s been a little while since I dropped in, but I definitely haven’t forgotten about you! I have been working like mad to finish my cookbook and then we had some friends stay with us this week and their 1.5 year old daughter.
I love love love kids and this is the first time I got to meet their baby girl. I thought our home wasn’t very kid friendly, but little did I know that the hardwood floors would do wonders at mealtime.
There was definitely more food on the floor than what she put in her mouth. HA! We just had the best time hanging out with them. I set her up on the counter and asked her to help me with a chocolate cake (as much as a year and a half year old can), we snuggled on the couch and went to the park. Life is sweet when you have a toddler for a day and a half. HAHA!
I definitely made them fresh cookies before they arrived. I wish I had some of these Sprinkle Sugar Cookies on hand though. Let’s face it, sprinkles make everything better.
The dough is simple and only requires 7 ingredients plus the sprinkles. The one item you need that you might not have on hand is cream of tarter. Let me tell you this is so crucial! It helps keep these cookies super soft but also gives the dough a little bit of tartness.
One thing is for sure; these cookies are loaded with sprinkles. I’ve added the sprinkle directly into the cookie dough and then rolled the dough in the sprinkles again before baking. You can never have too many sprinkles.
There is one step that is totally necessary. You must refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes, but if you can wait longer, it will be much better. If you skip this step, you will have cookie pancakes, and no one likes those. Am I right?
The great thing about this cookie dough is that it is very versatile. The recipe started as my Perfect Snickerdoodle cookies, but I also used this same dough for my Perfect MnM cookies. I have down right claimed these cookies are the best! The snickerdoodle cookie bakes at 375° F but for all my other cookies, I bake them at 350° F which leaves them slightly under baked, soft in the middle, crisp on the edges. That is my idea of a perfect cookie!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ¾ cup sprinkles, divided
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add the dry ingredients into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms. Add ½ cup of sprinkles to the dough and mix until the sprinkles incorporate.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough into a bowl of sprinkle. Roll the top of the dough in the remaining sprinkles and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like: