Who can resist Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? All the goodness of oreos in creamy vanilla ice cream is too hard to pass up on a hot summer day. With only 5 ingredients, this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream can be ready in a jiffy!
I’m still on my ice cream kick. I can’t help it.
I knew I was going to make this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream the minute I saw Oreos on sale at Target. Then seeing the Coffee Creamer on sale at Kroger cinched the deal.
I’ve got it all figured out. I can make fresh ice cream every 3-4 days. I just need to plan ahead and make sure to empty the ice maker into bags so I have enough ice. I need to make sure there’s room in the freezer for another batch of ice cream. That’s usually not too much of a problem because my family loves home-made ice cream so it’s never around for very long.
I need to make sure the kids don’t know about the new ice cream until after I’ve taste tested/photographed it. I just need to make sure I use the smallest bowl I can find when I’m eating all this ice cream for portion control. I need to make sure I’m doing my Wii exercises every day.
It’s been fun playing with the flavors. The kids have been making suggestions, next on the list has got to be a Rocky Road, I think my son mentions it every time he comes into the kitchen.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 cup vanilla flavored coffee creamer (liquid)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups broken Oreo cookies
- With a whisk, combine all ingredients except Oreos in a freezer proof bowl. just until frothy.
- Freeze for 45 minutes. Remove from freezer and gently whisk again to stir.
- Pour into Ice cream maker and freeze according to machine's instructions.
- Approximately 10 minutes before machine is done churning, add in broken Oreos. Finish churning then transfer ice cream to freezer container and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
I’m sharing at some of these great parties.
If you like coffee ice cream, you’ll love this coffee ice cream with dark chocolate specks.
If you don’t have an ice-cream maker but still want yummy, home-made ice cream, try my Andes chocolate mint ice-cream
Or this peanut butter fudge swirl ice cream.
Leave a Reply