Chocolate Yogurt Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 11X7 inch baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and the yogurt. Stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Slowly, fold it into the wet mixture. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, smooth the surface and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl mix the cocoa powder with the sugar. Add the milk and the melted butter and srit until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for few minutes and cut it into squares.