Chocolate No Bake Cookies made with peanut butter, oatmeal and cocoa, an easy treat without turning on the oven.
It’s no secret I love facebook. Not only can I keep up with people locally but I’ve able to keep up with people far away.
One of those people is my cousin Mackenzie. She’s up in the Pittsburg area and of course I’m in Georgia. We can’t just drop by for a glass of sweet tea but we do get to chat on Facebook.
During one of our chats, it came up about my Grandmother’s recipes. I don’t remember her cooking or baking, but she was know for it.
To be fair, they had a dairy farm and as a proper tomboy, I was always out wandering the fields, in the barns or begging to drive a tractor. It was hard to keep me indoors when I was growing up.
So back to the recipes. I mentioned that I wished I had gotten some of her recipes (I have my other grandmother’s cookbooks and many recipes) but none from her. Mackenzie replies that she has some of them. Copies, but in my grandmother’s handwriting.
I assumed I’d have to wait a few days for her to find them. No big deal, but not 5 minutes later, here come about 20 recipes through messenger!
These No-bake Cookies were among them. Having all the ingredients on hand, I was making them an hour later. Such a simple recipe.
I couldn’t wait for the kids to get home so they could have one of Grandma’s cookies.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram
Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine butter, cocoa powder, milk, sugar, and salt. Stirring constantly, bring to a rolling boil. Contnue boiling for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in oatmeal to coat.
- Drop by tablespoons (or use a medium cookie scoop) onto parchment paper (or wax paper) lined trays. Let cookies set up, 30-60 minutes, befre storing an in airtight container.
Want more easy treats?
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars from The View from Great Island
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars from Buns in my Oven
Cheesecake in a Jar from I am Baker
Chocolate Peppermints from She Wears Many Hats
Leave a Reply