The Best Chocolate Fudge Frosting-made with Hershey’s Cocoa, richer than a buttercream, you’ll think you’re eating a decadent fudge!
The biggest question when it comes to eating cake is what to eat first. The cake or the frosting? I’m of the mind that if both are equally good, each bite should have both cake and frosting.
It wasn’t always this way. As a kid, I was all about the frosting. The cake was just a vehicle to deliver it. I would eat all the frosting around the cake, then if the cake was actually good, I’d have a few bites of it as well.
If you’re looking for a subtle chocolate flavor, this Chocolate Buttercream is the best choice.
If you’re looking for a deep, rich, full on chocolate frosting, then this is it. The perfect complement to a yellow cake or take a chocolate cake over the top!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 10 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Stir in cocoa powder. Mixture will resemble a thick paste.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl. With mixer on low speed, add in powdered sugar and milk, alternating the two. Reserve a few tablespoons of milk. If frosting is thick, add in remaining milk. Add vanilla extract.
- Turn mixer to medium high speed and beat about 5 minutes, until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Frost cake or cupcakes as desired.
Who else wants to lick the beater? Want more great frostings?
Want more great frostings?