Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake-so simple to make, just cookies, whipped cream and some chocolate sauce!
This has got to be one of the easiest, tastiest, most scrumptious dessert to put together. Ever. There’s no wrong way to do it. You can make it big, you can make it small. Make it to fit your needs. Or cravings.
You can totally cheat making this. Use store bought cookies and cool whip. Buy the Hot fudge sauce. No one will care when they take that first bite. or the last bite. And they will eat every bite. You can use any kind of cookie. It doesn’t have to be chocolate chip. (did I really just say that?)
You can switch out the Hot Fudge sauce for Chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. Or get really fancy and use chocolate and caramel. Or what about butterscotch? The key to this Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake is the waiting. You have to wait at least 12 hours (more is better) to eat it. For the cookies to soften to a cakelike state.
Trust me, the wait is worth it. My youngest and I put this together completely on a whim. We had all the ingredients. I had a baking spree just the day before. She whipped the cream perfectly. Then she stacked the cookies, and the whipped cream, and the cookies and the whipped cream…
Our proportions were a little off, almost running out of whipped cream, although if we hadn’t been eating spoonfuls as we stacked, we would have had plenty.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake
- 20-24 Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- Whip Cream with powdered sugar until peaks just begin to form, making whipped cream.
- On a serving plate, place 5-6 Chocolate chip cookies to form a circle. Place about 1 cup of whipped cream on top of cookies, carefully spreading to about 1 inch from outer edge.
- Second layer, staggering the cookies, place again, another 5-6 cookies forming a circle, on top of whip cream and first layer. Gently press down to secure layer. Place 3/4 cup whipped cream on top of this layer.
- Start narrowing your cake, using only 4 cookies, and 1/2 cup whipped cream, then 3 cookies and 1/3 cup whipping cream until you have the desired height for your cake with one cookie on top.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup whipped cream for garnishing just before serving.
- Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, garnish with remaining whipped cream and warmed Hot Fudge sauce.
All measurements in assembling are approximate. Use as many cookies as needed to get the cake as large as you would like it.
I used these Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies but any chocolate chip cookie will work (homemade or store bought)
Recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Leave a Reply