Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cake – A fun, yummy twist on the classic Banana Bread, now with a moist, cakey texture and delicious, melty chocolate chips.
Y’all know I love me some Banana Bread. Y’all also know I love cake. And chocolate chips.
So, this twist on banana bread is a great way to fix all those cravings in one simple recipe.
Banana bread is one of my families things that we all share, except for my sister because she’s picky. It’s especially my dads favorite kind of bread dessert, and he even taught me the different ways you can eat it.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cake
All you need is
- 4-5 overripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 cup of chocolate chips for inside the batter and about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for the topping
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, fork or beat the banana until they’re completely mashed. I used my mixer to beat them to be more efficient.
Once the bananas are smashed, add in the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, butter, and sugars). Beat until well incorporated.
Now in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon). Then add the mixture into the wet ingredients.
Once all of the ingredients are combined, fold the cup of chocolate chips into the batter.
Grease a 9×13 baking pan and evenly distribute the batter into it.
And that extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips? Oh yeah, sprinkle those on top of the batter. Now place it in the 350-degree oven and bake for 34 to 38 minutes.
After it’s done baking, let cool almost completely in the pan before removing and transferring to a cooling rack.
This recipe is great for when you have a ton of bananas on your hands or have some frozen ones that you kept so they wouldn’t go bad or if you simply are just in the mood for some delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cake!
I like to eat mine for breakfast because since it has bananas in it you can kind of call it healthy hehe!
The best way to eat it is with a little butter on top and warm it up in the microwave, oh yeah, that’s it right there.
- 4-5 over ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (for the batter)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (for on top of the batter)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan
- Fork, mash, or beat the bananas until completely smushed. Add in eggs, melted butter, sugars, and vanilla. combine. add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. combine. add in the cup of chocolate chips.
- pour batter into greased pan and sprinkle the 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of batter. bake for 34-38 minutes. cool almost completely before transferring to cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 4gSugar: 49gProtein: 5g