Chocolate Butterfinger Ice Cream-rich creamy chocolate ice cream infused with Butterfinger Candy bars!
We are in full ice cream season around here. (I’m not sure ice cream ever really goes out of season, but I know we eat a ton of it in the summer. ) It’s an easy, grab it out of the freezer, afternoon treat or dessert. Grab the scoop, a bowl and a spoon, and you’re done!
I originally saw this recipe for Butterfinger Ice Cream last year. It was perfect timing. I had just stocked up on leftover Easter candy. I’m that type of person. Give me a candy sale and I’m there. No one cares what the wrapper looked like when you take it off anyway. So I had butterfingers in my stash. The first time I made the ice cream, I made it just like the recipe. Boring vanilla. If you like vanilla, then this ice cream is amazing.
But…we all know I’m a chocolate girl. If I can make something chocolate instead of vanilla, it’s gonna happen. I can honestly tell you, this is one of my favorite ice creams. Chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect pairing. With the added crunch texture of the Butterfinger Candy, it goes to the next level. A rich creamy chocolate ice cream, with lots of candy bits in every bite!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4-1 cup crushed butterfinger candy bars
- Combine Cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk and sugar, mixing until completely incorporated, in a large bowl. Whisk in Cream and milk until mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in freezer for 20 minutes to chill.
- Freeze ice cream in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. About 5 minutes before ice cream is ready, add in crushed butterfinger candy.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more cool treats?
100 Frozen Drinks (for kids and adults!)