It’s blueberry season, and this easy to make bundt cake is a great way to dress them up for your friends.
You can make the bundt cake with icing…..
This treat makes a great dessert, or you can slice it up for a lunch box, or to take on a picnic! No matter how you eat it, you’ll be sure to enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 generous cup fresh blueberries + 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- few drops lemon juice
- few drops water
- Heat the oven to 350F. Grease a 10 inch bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to your mixing bowl. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in the vanilla extrcat and sour cream and beat until blended.
- Add the buttermilk alternately with the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Turn off the mixer and remove the bowl.
- With a spatula, very gently fold in the blueberries tossed with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Spoon the cake into the preheated oven and bake for almost 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting in onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you want to make a glaze for the cake, in a bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar with few drops of lemon juice and water to make a pourable glaze.
- Pour over the cake.