Easy Chocolate Ice Cream

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

I didn’t believe ice cream could be good without an Ice Cream maker. I’d seen all these recipes floating around last year. My friend Dorothy at Crazy for Crust even did a round up post of them.  I had to find out for myself.

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

I grew up on machine made ice cream. We had an electric machine but I remember using a hand crank machine with my cousins when I was little. Everyone had to take a turn. And then another turn. By the time the ice cream was done we were so ready for that ice cold, still soft ice cream.

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

It didn’t matter what flavor it was. It was hot outside and that ice cream sure was cool sliding down our parched throats! Chocolate was always my favorite, of course. So rich and creamy.

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

Now, as a parent, even with an electric machine, I don’t always have the time to make homemade ice cream. Even a simple recipe still takes 40-50 minutes in a machine, before freezing. (and we won’t even talk about the noise mine makes.)

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

So I had to try this “easy” Ice cream. It’s heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Then you add in your flavors, your extras, to make it special. Could it really be that good?

I’m here to tell you, I may never use that machine again! Less than 10 minutes work, and the ice cream was in the freezer. When I served it to the kids they had no idea I didn’t use the machine. It was creamy, it was smooth, it was everything “real” ice cream is supposed to be.

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the  button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream

Ingredients

• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Stir together sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside.
  2. In the bowl of your mixer, Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form (do not over beat.)
  3. Fold sweetened milk mixture into whipped cream. Pour into a 2 quart container, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.

Notes

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!

You can count on many more “easy” Ice Cream recipes from me soon. I’m hooked!

in the meantime, if you need more easy cool treats

Blackberry and Vanilla Yogurt Swirled Popsicles

Blackberry Vanilla Swirled Popsicles

Frozen Hot Chocolate-perfect for a warm day!

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Rocky Road Pudding Popsicles, chocolate, marshmallows, almonds, all together in a frozen treat!

Rocky Road Popsicles

Dark Chocolate Cream Pie-don't let the lighter color fool you, this pie has all the rich flavor of dark chocolate in a creamy, cool pie!

Dark Chocolate Cream Pie

Apple Pie Milkshake

Apple Pie Milkshakes

Strawberry Margarita Slurpees for Cinco de Mayo-with or without alcohol, they're tasty and fun to drink

Strawberry Margarita Slurpees

Orange Creamsicles-Orange juice and Ice Cream-perfect for cooling off on a hot day!

Orange Creamsicles

Frozen-Mocha-Frappuccino-20c

Frozen Mocha Frappuccino

Blogger Disclosure

Posts may include links to my affiliate account at Amazon.com, and Chocolate, Chocolate and more earns a few cents on the dollar if readers purchase the items I recommend, so thanks for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!

Don’t Miss a Post! Get Updates By Email:

Get all of these delicious recipes delivered directly to your inbox.

Comments

1. That looks incredibly rich and perfectly textured for such an easy recipe, I can’t wait to try it!

2. I am so old fashion, I love my machine and just bought a second one but I do agree that the noise is crazy loud and so disturbing! This on the other hand looks amazing! Never would of thought it was done without a machine!

3. I can’t believe that you can make ice cream without an ice cream maker! This is awesome! I guess I don’t need this clunky appliance then.

4. ISN’T IT LIFECHANGING??! Sooo amazing! and I love your recipe-the chocolate looks so perfectly rich and creamy!

5. Oh my goodness, this sounds delicious. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that just started. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/04/211th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there.

6. Oh wow girl! I love me some chocolate ice cream and this looks absolutely fantastic!!

7. Dennis M. Williams says:

This is WRONG on so many levels! I hove to try it now!!!! Thanks!

8. Definitely trying this one out :-)

9. Any idea if I could sub something for the condensed milk? I’m not big on canned stuff.

10. Linda Timm says:

Saw this recipr and since my son and his wife wete visiting I hsf a couple people to try it on. It’s very smooth and great chocolate ice cream!! Never thought it would work, and left it in freezer overnight. And just becausr I had doubts, I had to have a spoonful when I got up at 7am. It really is awesome! And very tasty!

11. Linda Timm says:

I love chocolate ice cream and my son’s wife asked if using this same recipe, could other flavors be made? Told her I would ask you.

12. sounds and looks great, i dont have the ice cream machine so this recipe is a must have

13. Josette Figueroa says:

I have the ice cream in the freezer as we speak. It was very easy to make. I made it into a rocky road. Can’t wait! Two more hours to go.

14. I couldn’t wait to try this since I live on an island in the middle of a lake in upstate NY. Finally did it today. How do you spell WONDERFUL!!! So easy to make and absolutely delicious and rich tasting. 10 STARS for this one. Can’t wait to try the vanilla one.

15. Elizabeth says:

Sounds great! I have got to try it! In place of the coco powder maybe strawberry Nesquik powder can be used to make strawberry ice cream. Or instant pudding powder in place of coco powder for other flavors.

16. I love this no-machine version of ice cream, Joan. It’s the best – I seriously can’t believe how delicious and easy it is! I haven’t made a chocolate version yet. I’m definitely pinning so that I can try this. Your ice cream looks absolutely perfect!

17. I wonder, could you use cool whip instead of the heavy cream?

18. Michelle says:

I tried this but i made Pistachio Nut. OMG!!! It was soooooo good. Thick and creamy and soft all at the same time. I will most definitely be trying it with many different flavors.

• Michelle says:

One recommendation to those choosing to use instant pudding mix in this recipe, add one cup of milk or evaporated milk to is. I used the Pistachio instant pudding and without the extra milk it was more like frozen mouse than ice cream. The fix was easy though. I just broke up what i had frozen already and added the milk and it mixed together beautifully. Now I have the perfect ice cream. Mmmmmm, I may never buy ice cream from the store again.

19. Just put a batch in the freezer! Super easy, and the mix tastes amazing – always a treat to lick the bowl lol! Am already thinking of cool flavours I can add:peanut butter, mango, orange, salted caramel, popcorn… Fab.

20. Love it…. The ice cream so easy to make and delicious out of this world. I added chopped up dark chocolate chunks to the ice cream. Can’t wait to try making the one with Pistachio pudding mix. Thanks for the recipe.

21. Mary Beth Elderton says:

OMGoodness!!! This is truly life altering. I can NOT wait to try this!

22. can i sub the vanilla for vanilla extract or vanilla oil? it’s practically impossible to find vanilla in the grocery stores at where i live.

23. i just made a batch myself, basically the same, but instead of cacao, i added a tablespoon instant coffee and a little coffee liquer to dissolve the coffee powder, the rest was the same as your recipe, result, super delicious coffee icecream, i am a huge fan of icecream made this way! will try this chocolate version soon…yummm…though almost too easy and with ingredients always in the house, this is a danger for the waist line…oh well….

24. Looks so good, really gotta try it.
    Thanks

25. I can’t wait to try this!!