A brown sugar cookie filled to the brim with chopped Hershey bars, marshmallows and graham crackers.
Hey guys! It’s Jess back from Sprinkle Some Sugar and I have a question for you.. What is better than s’mores in the summertime? I’ll tell you.. an XL s’mores COOKIE made easy in a skillet!
Skillets are so much fun to make so many different things, even dessert! I try to make everything easy as possible and you can’t get any easier than slapping this delectable dough right into the skillet to bake.
This s’mores skillet cookie is everything you know and love about a s’more, stuffed into my favorite buttery, brown sugar cookie dough and is baked to gooey perfection.
I totally won’t judge if you dig in with a spoon! It’s actually quite necessary if you ask me. ALSO, for extra amazing-ness, you should top each slice with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. You’re welcome.
To make this skillet cookie, you’ll prepare the dough. Pat it into a lightly greased cast iron skillet and top with reserved chopped hershey bars, marshmallows and chopped graham crackers.
Pop it into the oven and bake – you WANT this cookie to be underdone! That’s what will make it soft and gooey. During the last few minutes of bake time, you’ll take it out of the oven and sprinkle some mini marshmallows around the edge and place it back in until they are puffy + lightly toasted. That step is optional but makes it look pretty!
Make this s’mores skillet cookie on a cool or rainy night and you won’t miss the fire pit!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 cup chopped Hershey bars, DIVIDED
- 2 3/4 cup mini marshmallows, DIVIDED
- 1/4 cup chopped graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 10 o r 12 inch cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat melted butter and brown sugar until combined on medium speed. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat again until fully incorporated. Add flour, baking soda and corn-starch, mixing until just combined. Don't over-mix. Add 1/2 cup chopped Hershey bars, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and mix in to the dough by hand with a rubber spatula. Spoon into prepared skillet and pat down flat. Sprinkle chopped graham crackers and the remaining chopped hershey bars and 1/4 cup marshmallows on top and press them down slightly.
- Bake s'mores cookie skillet for 20-25 minutes. At 20 minutes, remove skillet from the oven and sprinkle 2 cups of mini marshmallows along the edges. Place back in the oven for 3-5 more minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!