Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
Good morning, Chocolate, Chocolate and More Readers! My name is Stephanie and I blog over at Eat. Drink. Love.. I’m so excited to be here today to share these Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies with you all!
With less than a month to go, I’ve been thinking about Valentine’s Day treats and how perfect is red velvet for Valentine’s Day?! These brownies are everything. Seriously. They are incredibly soft and moist and the swirly cheesecake topping just makes them even better! It’s like my two favorite desserts got married and had a beautiful, red velvety cheesecake baby! I immediately had to pack these up to take to my co-workers because I would seriously eat them all! And who can resist that gorgeous red color? Not me, that’s for sure!
These brownies are really simple to make. It only took me about 20 minutes to mix up the batter. The worst part? Waiting for them to cool before you can slice them up and enjoy!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (or about 1 tablespoon red gel food coloring)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- For the cheesecake
- 2 blocks cream cheese (16 ounces), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil with some excess hanging over on each end (for easy lifting later) and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour the melted butter into a large mixing bowl and mix in the sugar until combined. Stir in the eggs, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, food coloring, vinegar, and salt. Mix in the flour until just-combined, being careful not to overmix the batter. Measure out about 2/3 cup of the batter and set aside. Pour the remaining batter into the baking dish and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Set aside.
- To prepare the cheesecake layer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until smooth. Spoon the mixture over the brownie layer. Use a spatula to gently spread the cheesecake mixture over the top of the brownie layer. Then dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cheesecake mixture. Use a knife to then swirl the batter into the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake the brownies for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe Adapted from Food Network
For more brownie recipes, check these out: