The perfect fall bar! These incredibly rich pumpkin spice latte fudge bars are packed with fall flavors layered in a quick-prep bar that will leave everyone craving more!
I’m sure everyone is familiar with the expression “love at first sight” and lately I have been using “love at first bite” quite a lot, but if I have to describe Joan “she was love at first talk”. The moment she’d start talking with you, you’d fall in love with her. She had so many stories to tell, so much advice to give and always be there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on.
I’ve met Joan through this wonderful world of blogging years ago when I was still trying to figure out what a blog is. Few month later we meet in person and she was even more lovable that I imaged. Her laugh was contagious! And her smile? Would brighten her day!
We met several times after that, at various coffee shops in Myrtle Beach. Time flew by so fast! We would talk an entire afternoon and felt like 5 minutes! Such good times!
The first coffee date we had at a Starbucks in North Myrtle beach towards the end of the summer when pumpkin spice latte was just making its appearance.
I will never forget how we both pulled our laptops, she pulled me closer to show me some tips to improve my blog all while sipping pumpkin spice latte.
I’ve made these pumpkin spice latte fudge bars in her honor. Cherishing the moments we spent together. The laughs. The tears (at my end). The coffees and of course, the chocolate!!!!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup cold butter, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup pumpkin spice latte M&M'S chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice morsels (Nestle)
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 13X9" baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides for easy removal.
- In a food processor, add the rolled oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, the cold butter, pecans, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pulse for a couple of minutes until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cookie dough.
- With your finger press the remaining cookie dough onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter and instant coffee granules. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour and spread the chocolate mixture over the oatmeal cookie crust.
- Scatter the pumpkin spice latte chocolate candies and the reserved cookie dough over the chocolate layer.
- Bake the bars in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until it starts to bubble around the edges and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the pumpkin spice morsels over the warm bars.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.