No-Bake White Chocolate Velvet Pie-smooth white chocolate filling nestled in an Oreo crust!
I could give you a long story about how my day has gone, or what my kids are up to, or how horribly hot and humid this summer has been, but sometimes, it’s just about how easy a recipe is.
It is hot out. Too hot to turn on the oven.
Those are the days I go to my baking cabinet and just start pulling things out. I admit it. I might be a bit of a baking hoarder. If there’s a sale on chocolate chips or ready made pie crusts, I stock up. I know I’ll use it eventually. I always have the ingredients to make something delicious!
I was originally going to remake this Dark Chocolate Cream Pie and then I saw the White Chocolate Chips. That pie uses Cool Whip. I wanted to try using fresh whipped cream. (And I didn’t have any cool whip in the freezer.) Let’s make it with white chocolate!
Melted chocolate always makes me happy. (and I get to lick the spatula when the kids aren’t around!)
This pie comes together in just a few minutes.
You do have to wait a few hours for it to set in the refrigerator before slicing. Or not. I won’t tell.
The combination of smooth white chocolate and the Oreo crust is unbeatable!
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 1 Ready Made Oreo Crust
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave safe dish, place white chocolate chips. Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until chips are completely melted, heating an additional 15 seconds if needed. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream with hand mixer on medium speed until peaks form and hold shape, being careful not to over beat. Set aside.
- Combine melted white chocolate chips, cream cheese and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Once fully incorporated, spoon mixture into Oreo crust.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.