You won’t get enough of these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies loaded with chopped pecans and coconut flakes!
Fall is my favorite season. It’s that time of the year when the smell of fresh baked goodies waffles out of my kitchen. It’s the time of the year comfort casseroles are pulled out of the oven just in time for dinner time. It’s that time of the year the slow cooker is brought back to life after a long summer break.
Unfortunately, in the meantime, it’s the time of the year when cough and fever make their weekly appearance. For the last couple of weeks, we’ve been struggling with a nasty cough. My baby girl had it first, my husband followed and now it’s my turn. We’ve been on a chicken noodle soup for a while now. It’s comfort food when your body is aching.
Another comfort food when you’re feeling under the weather? Chocolate chip cookies! With our without the milk, they always put a smile on everyone’s face! Am I right or am I right?
These chocolate chip cookies are packed with my favorite things – chopped pecans, coconut flakes and of course chocolate chips. Pecans, coconut, and chocolate remind me of one of my favorite dessert – german chocolate cake.
If you love german chocolate cake as much as I do, you’ll love these cookies!
The process is similar with most of the chocolate chip cookies recipe. You start by beating the butter with brown sugar, mix in the eggs and stir the dry ingredients in. Fold the pecans, coconut and chocolate chips and your dough is done. Or so you think!
You really need to let the dough chill! This will allow the cookies to hold their shape while in the oven and don’t spread resulting into a cookie as big as your baking sheet. (I guess you could say later you ate only one cookie – so there’s an advantage to that!)
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 /2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the two egg yolks.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Turn the mixer off and with a spatula fold in the chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
- With a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the unbaked cookies for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes of the baking sheet before placing the cookies on wire racks to cool completely