Easy Strawberry Sweet Rolls-you won’t believe how easy these are to make!
These Strawberry Sweet Rolls are the result of cleaning out my refrigerator. I thought about taking a picture of how jammed packed my fridge is but thought I might scare you all off. With 3 kids in the house, I buy milk 2 gallons at a time, 2 dozen eggs, various fruits and veggies, lunch meats and cheeses. These are the “perishables.” The things that get turned over and used constantly. I can live with this.
It’s the long lasting items that take up all the space. 3 different kinds of pickles, 2 types of relish, 3 different mustards, salad dressings, Mayonnaise, 2 jars of Jelly, a jar of yeast. A jar of bacon grease. Yes, in the south you keep some bacon grease on hand. Just a dab in some recipes can make a huge flavor difference.
Leftovers. The hubby will cook up sausage and biscuits and then reheat them for breakfast during the week. Roasted Chicken, I’ll probably make that into chicken salad for lunch. The stew beef we had for dinner tonight, you just run out of room. And we have one of the biggest refrigerators they make. And a full size freezer in the laundry room.
I wanted to make some overnight rolls. That meant I had to make room for a large bowl. If I hadn’t just restocked our milk supply this morning I would have been ok. 3 full gallons of milk. Going to have to make adjustments on the other shelves. Time to see what’s almost empty. What can we use up. As I’m moving the strawberry jelly to the door I notice it’s almost empty. I put it on the counter as something that might have to go. Then I find the crescent dough, hidden behind 5 other things. Why it was on the shelf I can only guess. This is one of the hazards of having the kids help you put the groceries away. I’m just glad I found it.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Easy Strawberry Sweet Rolls
- 1 can Crescent dough (Pillsbury)
- 3-4 tablespoons strawberry jelly or jam
for the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap over your work surface. Lightly dust it with flour. Unroll crescent dough onto plastic wrap. Spread jelly over entire dough leaving 1/2 inch along one long side. Roll dough starting on the long edge with the jelly. Use the plastic wrap to help roll. Seal roll in your plastic wrap and refrigerate for a least an hour. Remove from refrigerator, unwrap dough log and slice into sections about 3/4 inch. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree over for about 12 minutes, just until golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with glaze. Serve warm.
- To make glaze, combine sugar, milk and vanilla till smooth. If too thick add a few more drops of milk.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more easy morning treats?