Have I told you how much I love Puff Pastry? Not just eating it but creating with it. Honestly the greatest thing ever found in the freezer section. So easy to work with and the end result is amazing.
Anyone who doesn’t know your secret will think you spent hours in the kitchen, slaving to make a tasty treat or savory appetizer. It reminds me of the Old Rice Krispies Treats commercial. You know what I’m talking about. The one where the mom throws a little flour around the kitchen, dabs some on her face, then dramatically presents the family with a plateful of the yummy marshmallow treats. And we all know how easy it is to make those.
Working with Puff Pastry is easier. Possibly the hardest part about the whole thing is waiting for the sheets to thaw. Seriously.
If you thaw the puff pastry overnight, you can whip these Easy Cinnamon Palmiers up in no time for a great breakfast. They also make a wonderful afternoon snack.
Did you know cinnamon is also great for you? Check out this article on the health benefits of cinnamon. I knew it was great for lowering cholesterol but never knew you could use it for facials. I’m going to have to try that out.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place pastry sheet on a cutting board lightly dusted with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.Gently roll with a rolling pin to smooth out pastry.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top of puff pastry sheet. Gently roll over pastry with rolling pin just to secure sugar.
- Starting at one end roll sugared pastry to center. Next, roll from opposite side, roll pastry so rolled sides meet in the middle.
- With a sharp knife rut into 1/2-3/4 inch sections.
- Place cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, just until golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more Puff pastry ideas?