This cookie dough frosting tastes just like fresh cookie dough but is made safe for eating by using no eggs. Perfect on cake or eaten with a spoon.
Hello Chocolate, Chocolate and More readers. I’m Brandy from the blog Nutmeg Nanny. I hope you enjoy my first post!
I have always been a cookie dough lover. When I was a kid my mom would welcome me into the kitchen to make cookies and I would get bored after 10 minutes and settle into just eat the dough. Of course they say you’re not supposed to eat the dough BUT I like to live my life on the wild side.
This frosting will give you all that cookie dough flavor without the whole raw egg situation. PLUS you can slather it on top of your favorite cake, cupcakes OR cookies.
The first time I made this frosting for my mom she looked at me like I was crazy. I know she was thinking “that child of mine has gone cookie dough crazy” but then she ate a slice of cake and her mind was immediately changed. Cookie dough flavor is no longer for just ice cream. Trust me!
While I love to use mini-chocolate chips in my cookie dough frosting you could easily use regular sized chocolate morsels, white chocolate morsels or even mini-M&M’s. How totally sweet would that be?
I will warn you this make a lot of frosting but I really like to slather it on thick so it’s the perfect amount for me.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini or full size)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add butter, brown sugar and vanilla bean paste. Whip together until fluffy and blender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in flour and mix until the flour has been combined.
- With the mixer on low slowly drizzle in whipped cream until your desired consistency is met. If the mixture is too loose simply add a little more flour, if it's too thick thin out with more whipping cream.
- Stir (or mix in) chocolate chips.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything