These quick, rich and chewy cocoa brownies will be a hit with everyone! They are so delicious, no one will know there’s no melted chocolate in them. It’s going to be our secret.
I make a lot of brownies. It’s safe to say at least once a week you’ll find brownies in my kitchen. I have a few recipes I make over and over again (I’ve made them so many times even my 6 year old has learned them) but sometimes I surprise myself with a new recipe. One that needs to be shared with you. One that you must make at once!
Yes, I’m talking about these cocoa brownies!
I was so pleasantly surprised when I bite into the first one. I was not sure what to expect, (Ok, maybe I was expecting some boring brownies) but the richness of these brownies sure got my attention.
These cocoa brownies may not start with a few ounces of melted chocolate, but they are just as good. They are soft and chewy, perfectly sweet and the cocoa delivers a deep rich flavor.
You may also notice these brownies are not thick. But not to worry. You only need a little piece.
To make these brownies you start by creaming the sugar with the eggs. That’s how the fugginess of these brownies come to life. Cream the sugar with the butter in a brownie recipe and you end up with cakey ones, am I right?
Once the eggs and sugar are thickened you gently fold in the remaining ingredients.
You’ll notice the recipe only calls for 1/3 cup of flour. It’s not a mistake! I added 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and very little sugar to end up with a rich, deep cocoa flavor brownie. Just like I like it!
These quick, rich and chewy cocoa brownies will be a hit with everyone! They are so delicious, no one will know there's no chocolate in them. It's going to be our secret.
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X8" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed the sugar and the eggs until fluffy and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the softened butter and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Gently, fold in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes almost clean (the brownies will combine to cook as the cool down)
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
- For clean cuts, use a sharp knife and clean the blade after each cut.
Irresistible caramel fudge brownies
Leave a Reply