Chocolate Syrup Bundt Cake-using chocolate syrup added into the batter makes for a rich deep chocolate flavor!
I say it over and over. I love a good bundt cake. It’s one of the easiest cakes you can make and it always looks pretty.
I always have at least one bundt cake in the freezer just in case company comes by. Or I need a slice of cake, now!
You can serve it plain or dress it up with frosting, glaze or lots of drizzle and toppings.
This cake is simple to make.
Make your vanilla batter. Then add Chocolate syrup to part of the batter. Just the two layers.
The will magically fuse together during baking.
Even drizzling is easy. Her’s my trick. Two cups and two plastic bags. Then just snip the corner (be ready to drizzle when you do this)
A simple back and forth, back and forth…
And you have a gorgeous cake within a minute or two.
You could just leave it as is but the toasted coconut on top is not only a tasty complement to this cake, but it turns this cake into something stunning.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Chocolate syrup
- 1 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces milk chocolate almond bark or candy melts
- 2 ounces white chocolate almond bark or candy melts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Cream butter, and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and salt.
- Alternating, add flour mixture and buttermilk to your batter, Mix until combined.
- Remove 2 cups of batter to second bowl and stir in chocolate syrup and remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Add coconut to remaining plain batter, stir just till combined.
- Pour plain batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Pour chocolate batter over top of the plain batter. Do not mix or swirl in. The batter will do it's own magic while baking.
- Bake 60-70 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Test for doneness using a toothpick. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.
- To decorate-Spread coconut on a foil lined tray. Place in a preheated 325 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, just until golden. Let cool. Melt chocolate almond bark according to directions. Pour melted chocolate into plastic bags. Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag then drizzle over cooled cake. Top with toasted coconut.
Want more easy Bundt cakes?