ButterBeer – one of my favorite drinks, can serve it on ice or piping hot, with a sweet and creamy topping that just pulls it all together in the most perfect way.
I’ve been to Universal Studios in Orlando twice in my life, and every time I’ve made sure to get Butterbeer. So, I decided to recreate it. And I know this version isn’t the exact same as in the movies, since mine has no alcohol in it and I served it cold because I don’t like hot drinks.
And yes, this was my entire family’s favorite drink to get at Universal! It’s an absolute must if you go!
All you need is :
- a liter of cream soda
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons of butterscotch sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the cream topping, you’ll need :
- 1/2 cup of marshmallow cream
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of butterscotch sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Pour the whole liter of soda into a medium-sized mixing bowl, or a bowl large enough to fit the whole bottle of soda.
Add in the caramel sauce, butterscotch sauce, butter extract, and salt, and lightly whisk until completely incorporated, you don’t want to whisk too hard or fast or the soda will lose its fizzyness.
Also, here’s a tip for measuring the caramel and butterscotch sauces: spray the measuring spoon with nonstick cooking spray, and the sticky sauces will come out perfectly leaving the measuring spoon clean!
For the cream topping, whip the heavy whipping cream, marshmallow cream, butterscotch sauce, and salt together. Whip until there are no clumps of marshmallow cream, this may take 3-4 minutes.
The cream should be light and fluffy, but not as fluffy as whipped cream.
Now, pour the soda portion into a nice beverage container, pour some into a cup, and then top it with the cream topping!
Harry Potter's ButterBeer
- 1 liter cream soda
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- 2 tbsp butterscotch sauce
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 tbsp butterscotch sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly whisk together the cream soda, caramel sauce, butterscotch sauce, butter extract, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream, marshmallow cream, butterscotch sauce, and salt.
- Pour soda in a cup, and top with cream topping.
Leave a Reply