This Almond Puff Pastry is so easy and soooo delicious. Just twenty minutes and you will have a delightful pastry for breakfast or any time.
I like to keep a couple of puff pastry doughs in the freezer for a quick option. You never know when there will be a sick friend or a surprise guest that you might need something for.
I made this before work one day and everyone loved it. Surprises are always good to brighten the day.
I thawed the dough in the microwave according to the package directions. Then I combined the almond paste, sugar, egg, flour and vanilla for the filling.
You can fold the pastry pretty much any way that you want to. I braided mine. There are so many options.
That is basically it. Dough, filing and then put some sliced almonds on top. I added a sugar glaze to the top of mine because the people at work love sweets but you can leave it off.
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 8oz almond paste
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Roll out pastry dough slightly to get a uniform shape.
- Mix almond paste, sugar, egg, flour and vanilla until creamy.
- Spread filling onto pastry and fold over or braid.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
You can make a sugar glaze for the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g