I’m so glad Roxana created the Chocolate Party. Last month we created Chocolate with Apples. I made Crepes with Caramelized Apples and Chocolate Sauce. I even made my own Chocolate Syrup to use. I may never go back to the bottled stuff again.
October is Chocolate and Pumpkin, all month long you can link up Chocolate and Pumpkin recipes. I’ve got a few more recipes to try this month. So be sure to check back often.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake adapted from Cookstr
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I chopped up bittersweet chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour (or spray) a bundt pan.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl, add in brown sugar and continue to cream until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time and then pumpkin puree. Beat until well combined.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and spices. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing on low speed. Fold in chopped chocolate. Spoon into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cake cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto rack to cool completely.
Top with powdered sugar or White Chocolate Buttercream Icing. Both are excellent on this cake.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Leave a Reply