I have to tell you, I don’t do Cinco de Mayo. Not that I don’t love great food and fun drinks, it’s just not a big holiday in rural Georgia. Now that doesn’t mean that when my bloggy friends want to have a party, I’m not all in.
I actually wanted to make a cake but after 2 attempts, I still wasn’t happy with the flavor. I’ll keep working on it, I know when I finally get it right it’ll be fantastic.
So meantime, the kids came home and spot the margarita mix. My kids are all about fruity drinks, minus the alcohol until they’re legal. (I will admit, all of my children have tasted wine and champagne but we don’t let them taste the good drinks, lol)
So Last summer, we spotted this slurpee recipe from Mandy’s Recipe Box and my son fell in love with it. For weeks, he was making slurpees every day.
Every flavor, every brand, he never made a bad slurpee.
Then one day it stopped. I think because school started back up. And you know the attention span of teenagers, out of sight, out of mind. Unless it’s the new coolest game on X-Box.
We had the club soda, so why not?
inspired by Mandy’s Recipe Box
These were great without the alcohol but even better with a shot of tequila, sitting on the back deck on a Friday afternoon. The perfect way to start off the weekend.
Now it wouldn’t be a party without some friends. Just look at all the amazing treats! So even if you’re like me and don’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo, find a reason to have a party anyway!
1. Alfajores from Roxana’s Home Baking
2. Spicy Fish Tacos with Avocado Yogurt Sauce from Crumb Blog
3. Classic Flan from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
4. Dulce de Leche Milkshake with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream from Chocolate Moosey
5. Lime Margerita Bars from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
6. Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche from Magnolia Days
7. Tropical Fiesta Cocktail from Hungry Couple NYC
8. Paletas – Mexican Popsicles from Pineapple and Coconut
9. Bizcochitos Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
10. Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from Gotta Get Baked
11. Vegan Taco Salad from What Smells So Good
12. Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake from Kelly Bakes
13. Queso Blanco from The Messy Baker
14. Gorditas with Picadillo from Juanita’s Cocina
15. Strawberry Margerita Slurpee from Chocolate Chocolate
I’m sharing at some of these great parties.