Slow Cooker S’Mores Cake is a great way to make s’mores for a crowd. Top it with ice-cream for an even better treat.
S’Mores are one of my favorite treats — they always have been. The combination of melty chocolate, slightly burned marshmallow, and graham crackers takes me back to my days at Camp Welaka as a Girl Scout, where we would sit around a campfire with our sticks and see who could make their s’more the gooiest.
Unfortunately I don’t get to camp nearly as much as I would like to these days, and making s’mores tends to be more about what heat source can be found in my kitchen instead of a good campfire. Microwaves are the quick and easy way to go, but what about taking the slow way to ooey gooey goodness?
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 8-ounce container of sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate pieces (chips or broken up candy bars will work)
- 1 cup Annies Honey Bunnies ( or 6 graham cracker squares, broken into 1 inch pieces)
- Lightly coat a 6-quart Crock Pot (or other slow cooker) with cooking spray. (I use Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners - 4 count, but still sprayed the liner with Pam.)
- In a large bowl combine eggs, container of sour cream, and water.
- Mix in cake mix, flour, and sugar and stir until combined.
- Add mini-marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into your slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (Cake will be wet just in the center.)
- Drop spoonfuls of marshmallow creme over hot cake or top with more mini-marshmallows (creme will spread to an even layer as it warms, and marshmallows will melt).
- Sprinkle with milk chocolate and graham cookie/cracker pieces and replace lid on top of cooker.
- Remove crockery liner from cooker and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and let stand at least another 15 minutes.
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl with ice cream